Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grace turns 9 months old!

At 9 months old Grace is quite the silly girl! This month she has learned to make silly faces, blow raspberries, click her tongue, and as of today grind her teeth (cringe!) This month Grace has also learned to mimic others and if people laugh at what she is doing she will continue to be silly. Grace has also learned to wave bye-bye and give kisses...so sweet!

















Here are her 9 month stats:
Weight: 17 lbs, 10 oz (25%)
Length: 28 3/4 in. (80%)
She really grew in length these past 3 months. She went from the 25% to the 80%! Clearly, this does not come from me at all!

















This month Grace has transitioned into eating more table food and lucky for us she isn't a picky eater. She really enjoys feeding herself and seems to prefer that over some one else spoon feeding her. Grace likes to feed herself pears, mandarin oranges, peaches, bananas, peas, cheese, and pasta. This month she has also tried ground turkey. I have really enjoyed making her baby food, but I am looking forward to the next step of Grace pretty much eating what we eat. Grace is also making the transition from bottle to sippy cup. It seems kind of early to be weaning her, but she is taking really well to drinking from her sippy so I figured why not
Showing off her chompers!


Grace is still working on crawling. She definitely wants to crawl, but hasn't figured out quite yet how to do it. She scooches backwards and rotates herself all over the place to get what she wants. If we put her on all fours she will stay there and do the rocking motion.I hope that it happens for her this month! I am sure I will regret hoping this once she is all over the place and into everything. Grace is still wearing 6-9 month clothes and size 2 diapers. I see her being in 12 month clothes soon though, especially with how tall she is getting!

 Happy 9 months Gracie Girl! We love you so much!

It's hard to get her to focus when Word World is on :)